Registered Student Organization Mentoring
Our on-site mentoring program is held every Monday from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm. Each week, we bring a group of students from Garden Hills Elementary School to the Margie K. and Louis N. Cohen Center for Jewish Life at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Upon arrival, Littles meet up with their Bigs, and each match spends the program time talking, working on activities and playing games. The kids are then bused home, with other BBBS members and mentors serving as chaperones.
These program activities are supported by the work of our Registered Student Organization at UIUC (RSO). This student-run group is divided into three committees:
- The Executive Committee, made up of the organization’s officers and a BBBS staff member, provides governance and leadership for the RSO
- The Fundraising Committee coordinates the annual “Campus Bowl for Kids Sake” event, planning fundraising activities and recruiting bowlers
- The Program Committee is responsible for planning each Monday’s agenda and brainstorming activities and crafts for our Bigs and Littles to enjoy
Before enrolling as a Big Brother or Big Sister, RSO members are required serve on a committee for at least one semester.
With over 100 members, the Big Brothers Big Sisters of UIUC works with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Champaign County staff to provide a fun and unique experience for children and students in one-to-one mentoring relationships. For more information, please visit the RSO’s website, bbbsofuiuc.org.
The RSO opportunity is specific to students attending the University of Illinois (Champaign County).
- Community-Based Mentoring
- Site-Based Mentoring
- Department of Education Project
- Mentoring Children of Promise Project
- Young Mothers Mentoring
- Registered Student Organization Mentoring
- Child Waiting List Activities
- Internship Program
- Sponsor a Child